Complete List of Publications
- Olszewski, T.D. and Kidwell, S.M., 2007, The preservational fidelity of evenness in molluscan death assemblages. Paleobiology, v. 33, p. 1-23.
- Olszewski, T.D. and Patzkowsky, M.E., accepted, Interpreting climate and eustasy in a discontinuous, non-ergodic succession: Pennsylvanian-Permian rocks of the North American Midcontinent. In Holmden, C. and Pratt, B.R., eds., Dynamics of Epeiric Seas: Sedimentological, Paleontological and Geochemical Perspectives, Geological Association of Canada Special Volume.
- Udeze, C., Firth, J., and Olszewski, T.D., accepted, Calibrating calcareous nannofossil absolute abundances and uncertainties for paleoceanographic studies. In: Demchuk, T.D. and Gary, A.C., eds., Geologic Problem Solving with Microfossils, Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM) Special Publication.
- Olszewski, T.D., ed., 2006, Geochronology: Emerging Opportunities. The Paleontological Society Papers, v. 12, 180 p.
- Tomasovych, A., Fürsich, F.T., and Olszewski, T.D., 2006, Modeling shelliness and alteration in shell beds; variation in hardpart input and burial rates leads to opposing predictions. Paleobiology, v. 32, p. 278-298.
- Olszewski, T.D., and Erwin, D.H., 2004, Dynamic response of Permian brachiopod communities to long-term environmental change. Nature, v. 428, p. 738-741.
- Olszewski, T.D., 2004, A unified mathematical framework for the measurement of richness and evenness within and among multiple communities. Oikos, v. 104, p. 377-387.
- Olszewski, T.D., 2004, Modeling the influence of taphonomic destruction, reworking, and burial on time-averaging in fossil accumulations. Palaios, v. 19, p. 39-50.
- DiMichele, W.A., Behrensmeyer, A.K., Olszewski, T.D., LaBandeira, C.C., Pandolfi, J.M., Wing, S.L., and Bobe, R., 2004, Long-term stasis in ecological assemblages: Evidence from the fossil record. Annual Reviews of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics, v. 35, p. 285-322.
- Olszewski, T.D. and Patzkowsky, M.E., 2003, From cyclothems to sequences: The record of eustasy and climate on an icehouse epeiric platform (Pennsylvanian-Permian, North American Midcontinent). Journal of Sedimentary Research, v. 73, p. 15-30.
- Olszewski, T.D., 2001, Geobiology: A golden opportunity and a call to action. Palaios, v. 16, p. 533-534.
- Olszewski, T.D. and Patzkowsky, M.E., 2001, Measuring recurrence of marine biotic gradients: A case study from the Pennsylvanian-Permian Midcontinent, Palaios, v. 16, p. 444-460. (2001 Outstanding Paper in Palaios)
- Olszewski, T.D. and Patzkowsky, M.E., 2001, Evaluating taxonomic turnover: Pennsylvanian-Permian brachiopods and bivalves of the North American Midcontinent, Paleobiology, v. 27, p. 646-668
- Alroy, J., Marshall, C. R., Bambach, R. K., Bezusko, K., Foote, M., Fürsich, F.T., Hansen, T.A., Holland, S.M., Ivany, L.C., Jablonski, D., Jacobs, D.K., Jones, D.C., Kosnik, M.A., Lidgard, S., Low, S., Miller, A.I., Novack-Gottshall, P.M., Olszewski, T.D., Patzkowsky, M.E., Raup, D.M., Roy, K., Sepkoski, J.J., Jr., Sommers, M.G., Wagner, P.J., and Webber, A., 2001, Effects of sampling standardization on estimates of Phanerozoic marine diversification: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, v. 98, p. 6261-6266.
- Olszewski, T., 1999, Taking advantage of time-averaging, Paleobiology, v. 25, p. 226-238.
- PSUCLIM*, 1999, Storm activity in ancient climates 1. Sensitivity of severe storms to climate forcing factors on geologic time scales. Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 104, p. 27,777-27,294. *About 15 participants.
- PSUCLIM*, 1999, Storm activity in ancient climates 2. An analysis using climate simulations and sedimentary structures. Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 104, p. 27,295-27,319. *About 15 participants.
- Olszewski, T.D. and West, R.R., 1997, Community level taphonomy in the fossil record: A case study from the Pennsylvanian of Oklahoma. Lethaia, v. 30, p. 315-329.
- Olszewski, T., 1996, Sequence stratigraphy of an Upper Pennsylvanian, Midcontinent cyclothem from North America (Iola Limestone, Kansas and Missouri). Facies, v. 35, p. 81-104.
- Olszewski, T.D., 1993, Tidal influences in marine carbonates, Upper Pennsylvanian, Mid-Continent, U.S.A., in Archer, A.W., Feldman, H.R., and Lanier, W.P., eds., Incised paleovalleys of the Douglas Group in northeastern Kansas: Field guide and related contributions: Kansas Geological Survey Open-File Report 93-24, Part B, p. 18-1 to 18-7.
MANUSCRIPTS IN REVIEW, REVISION, OR PREPARATION
- Olszewski, T.D. and Erwin, D.H., accepted with revision, Evolution of ecological gradients in Permian Brachiopod Communities from West Texas. Palaios.
- Alroy, J. et al. (35 authors), resubmitted, Phanerozoic trends in the global diversity of marine invertebrates. Science.
- Lichlyter, S.A. and Olszewski, T.D., in prep, An applied paleoecology case study: Bahia Grande, Texas prior to construction of the Brownsville Ship Channel. Paleobiology.
- Ebnother, D.A. and Olszewski, T.D., in prep, Revisiting Copano Bay, Texas: An exceptional long-term record of ecological communities and their associated death assemblages. Palaios.