Texas A&M University
Department of Geology and Geophysics,
College Station, Texas 77843
Ph.D. Geosciences, The University of Texas at Austin
B.A. Geology, Skidmore College
GEOP 629 Seismic Interpretation
GEOP 341 Global Geophysics
Active source seismology
My research interests include the study of plate boundaries and processes associated with climate-tectonic interaction, continental margin deformation, and high-resolution studies of marine hazards. I utilize most types of marine geophysical data, but specialize in seismic reflection, tomography, bathymetry, high-resolution techniques, and seismic-core integration. Current research projects are being conducted in Bonaire, the Mid-Atlantic Ridge in the South Atlantic and the Gulf of Alaska; the latter two projects include synthesis with IODP.
- S. Gulick, J. Jaeger, A. Mix, H. Asahi, H. Bahlburg, C. Belanger, G. Berbel, L. Childress, E. Cowan, M. Davies, L. Drab, F. Dottori, M. Forwick, A. Fukumura, S. Ge, S. Gupta, A. Kioka, S. Konno, L. LeVay, C. März, K. Matsuzaki, E. McClymont, C. Moy, J. Müller, A. Nakamura, T. Ojima, K. Ridgway, O. Romero, A. Slagle, J. Stoner, G. St-Onge, I. Suto, L. Worthington, I. Bailey, E. Enkelmann, & R. Reece, (in review) Nonlinear feedback between tectonic uplift and glacial erosion constrained by Gulf of Alaska sedimentary record, PNAS.
- Goff, J., M. Allison, S. Gulick, R. Reece, M. Davis, D. Duncan, S. Saustrup (2015) Shoreface ravinement evolution tracked by repeat geophysical surveys following Hurricane Ike, Bolivar Peninsula, Texas, 2008-2013, Geophysics, 80(3), WB1-WB10, doi: 10.1190/geo2014-0136.1.
- Walton, M., S. Gulick, R. Reece, G. Barth, G. Christeson, H. van Avendonk (2014) Tectonic control on deposition and evolution of the Baranof Fan, Gulf of Alaska, Geosphere, v.10, p.680-691, doi:10.1130/GES01034.1.
- Christeson, G.L., H. van Avendonk, S. Gulick, R. Reece, G. Pavlis, and T. L. Pavlis (2013), Mojo interface beneath the Yakutat Terrane, Southern Alaska, Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 118, no.9, p. 5084-5097, DOI: 10.1002/jgrb.50361.
- Reece, R., S. Gulick, G.L. Christeson, B.K. Horton, H.J. van Avendonk, G. Barth (2013) The role of farfield tectonic stress in oceanic intraplate deformation, Gulf of Alaska, Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 118, no. 5, p. 1862-1872, doi: 10.1002/jgrb.50177.
- Gulick, S., R. Reece, G. L. Christeson, I. O. Norton, H. van Avendonk, L. Worthington, and T. L. Pavlis (2013), Seismic images of the Transition Fault and the unstable Yakutat-Pacific-North American triple junction, Geology, v. 41, no. 5, p. 571-574, doi: 10.1130/G33900.1.
- Reece, R., S. Gulick, B. Horton, G. Christeson, L. Worthington (2011), Tectonic and climatic influence on the evolution of the Surveyor Fan and Channel System, Gulf of Alaska, Geosphere, v. 7, no. 4, p. 830-844, doi: 10.1130/GES00654.1.
- Christeson, G., S. Gulick, H. van Avendonk, R. Reece, and L. Worthington (2010), The Yakutat Terrane: Dramatic change in crustal thickness across the Transition fault, Alaska: Geology, v. 38, no. 10, p. 895-898, doi: 10.1130/G31170.1.